How do I run a backup/restore process to transfer data from/to my punch clock/s?
Note: These instructions cover Time & Attendance devices purchased from DataByte between 2017 and present, containing Face recognition, Fingerprint and RFID scanners.
Warning: This article explains how to backup data from one punch clock, for it to be uploaded to the same device after a factory restore, or a new device. This method will not collect the data on all punch clocks in your setup. We also advise to proceed with caution whilst running this process, as not completing it correctly can result in loss of data.
Tip: WorkForce Timekeeper has a feature that can copy employee data from one punch clock, to multiple ones at one go. Please see this article to learn more
Data Backup from Biometric Punch Clock
1. Insert a USB drive into the device
2. Log in to the device menu: Press M/OK and Please verify will appear on the device screen. Log in to the device as an Administrator.
3. Backup the business data or system data to the device or USB drive. Enter Data Mgt. > Backup Data and follow the steps listed with each screenshot below.
4. Press M/OK to backup data to USB disk.
Data Restore on Biometric Punch Clock
1. Insert the USB drive containing the backup to restore
2. Log in to the device menu: Press M/OK and a Please verify message and icon will appear on the device screen. Log in to the device as an Administrator
3. Enter into Data Mgt. > Restore Data and see the below
To search for more information on how to use WorkForce, please visit: https://workforce.com.mt/documentation/